Going on a first date is a fun and exciting experience. In most cases even if the person you are meeting doesn’t turn out to be the love of your life you will still have an enjoyable time. However, just like everything in life when going on a first date with someone you have met on an online dating site, it is important to take safety.
Contained below are safety guidelines which should be followed when going on a first date:
• Never accept a car lift to your first date. Instead meet at the first date location.
• Don’t disclose your personal address prior to the first date
• Your first date should always be in a location where other members of the public will be nearby, never agree to meet in an isolated location.
• If meeting at a bar, don’t leave drinks unattended and never accept a drink which has been out of view at any time.
• Monitor alcohol intake as excessive consumption of alcohol can impair judgement.
• Don’t go home with someone after the first date unless you’re 110% comfortable